Monday, August 1, 2011

A Fleeting Memory

photo

A Fleeting Memory

Not sure what to say tonight. I guess that's why I take pictures instead of write because I feel like they convey my mood or feelings better than I ever could by writing them down.

This image though is special. It was shot on a roll of expired Velvia 100 that I accidently forgot was in the camera when I opened the back. Needless to say, I only lost 1 and a half frames which was very surprising to me. I thought I had lost this one too until I tried scanning it in in black and white and playing with the contrast. After I saw it, I realized that it was indeed one of those mythical "happy accidents" you hear film photographers talking about every once in a while.

Tags

Holden Beach 2011

Canon EF

Canon FD

Fuji Velvia 100

The Camera Doctor

North Carolina

NC

beach

ocean

sand

grass

dunes

waves

salt

sea

fence

bokah

happy accident

black and white

happy accidents, photographers, feelings

Flickr.com

No comments:

Post a Comment