Monday, March 28, 2011

Take The Rubbish Out

photo

Take The Rubbish Out

After getting some 50mm f/1.8 shots of the riots (due to the low light), I quickly stopped and stuck on my wide-angle lens. I thought that some shots with this might bring people into the photograph a bit more. Sadly, when using a 10mm lens, you need to be right up against your subject. I mean right up against them.

Unfortunately, the wind changed direction as I was taking this shot, and the smoke from the fire right beside me blew into my face while taking a series of shots. I'm not too sure what was burning, but my word, it hurt! For about 10-15 mins afterwards, Lydia told me my eyes were incredibly red and bloodshot. I couldn't stop them watering. Perhaps people thought I was getting emotional about the spending cuts.

Details
Canon EOS 500D / ISO 1600 / f/4.0 / 10-20mm @ 10mm / 1/8 second

Tags

canon

eos

500d

photograph

photo

slr

dslr

digital

processing

europe

uk

united kingdom

london

capital

gb

great britain

england

westminster

trafalgar square

charing cross

national gallery

national portrait gallery

npg

police

riot

riot police

fire

shield

riot shield

helmet

officer

burning

burnt

spending cuts march

spending cuts

march

2011

trade union

cuts

anti-government cuts rally

anti-government

anti-government cuts

rally

demo

demonstration

demonstrators

tuc

no cuts

Brendan Barber

Ed Miliband

march for the alternative

trades union

skirmish

night

nighttime

trade union congress

ukuncut

march26

spending

street

photography

street photography

photojournalism

rubbish

trash

bin

bins

van

police line

wide angle lens, government cuts, 50mm, riots, rubbish, lydia, photograph

Flickr.com

No comments:

Post a Comment